2014-04-17

April 17 "Nice Name Day" - Story of 365 Days Dia 17

Story of 365 Days ~ Chapter Dia

- Ace
- Jack
- King





4月17日 「良い名の日」
April seventeenth,
Nice Name Day ("Yoi Na no Hi")


King
    Ah, hello? It's me. Was that your mother who picked up the phone just now? I felt a little uncomfortable, because I do not know your given name. Please tell me. Eh? You don't like your name? But if I don't know your name, I'll be in a pinch when something like this happens again... Hm? Oooh! But that's a nice name! Actually, I really like your name...


Notes:
  • In Japan it is common for people to use eachother's last names when you talk to or about someone. Using the first name is a lot more personal.
  • The day name comes from a number pun:  yoi na => yo + i + na => yo -> 4 (april) + i -> 1 + na -> 7

No comments:

Post a Comment