2014-02-18

February 18 - Story of 365 Days Heart 18

Story of 365 Days ~ Chapter Heart

- Ace
- Jack
- King



2月18日
February eighteenth


Ace
     Aah, a bit out of the blue but today is high-stakes gambling day as well, so let's play a game.

Jack
    High-stakes, "Ichi ka Bachi ka", 1 and 8... Isn't that the eigth of January?

Ace
     From today onwards, the 18th will also be "Gambling day". Okay, now the rules are simple.  There are three envelopes. We all pick one-- Etc. etc. Or so this card says!

Jack
     Again?

Ace
     Well then, we'll start with you.

Jack
     Eh? Really? Is it okay for me to go first? You have your good moments as well, don't you?


King
     Hmm, I'll take this one.


Ace
     Okay, so this time I'll be the first to read.... 'Today I'll convey my true feelings to you. I love love very much.'

King
     Ooh, this time the lines are more serious. Okay, I'm next. 'Today I'll convey my true feelings to you. I... Love you very meowch!'

Jack
     Hahaha! You got a bad draw here, didn't you? I'm certainly going to win this. So 'today'... Ah, no, I have a bad feeling about this... 'Today I'll convey my truest feelings to you, meow~ I love you very very VERY meowch!'


Ace
     Ahahaha! Brilliant! That's it for today.




Notes:
  • The 18th is "gamble day" because of the numbers used. 1 (ichi) and 8 (hachi), connecting it to the phrase "ichi ka bachi ka" which means to "win or lose"/"sink or swim"in relation to doing something risky (and is translated here as "high-stakes"). For this same reason, the 8th of January was "gamble day" as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment