2014-02-19

February 19 "Talk Day" - Story of 365 Days Heart 19

Story of 365 Days ~ Chapter Heart

- Ace
- Jack
- King



2月19日「トークの日」
February nineteenth,
Talk Day ("TOOKU no Hi")

The nineteenth of every month is "Conversation Day".


Answering machine
    You have one new message. Message one.

Jack
    Aaha, it's me... You know... Aaah, this is not a "me, me-swindle". I uhm... I had something serious to say today... There is something I wanted to tell you, you know. And, well... It's a bit hard to say it to your face and all... Ahem... Truthfully... I am in l---

Answering machine
    To delete this message, press three. To listen again--


Notes:
  • What I translated as an "me, me swindle", Officialy called "ore, ore saki" (オレオレ詐欺), is a type of phone call where someone calls someone saying "it's me, you know" ("ore da, ore") and hope the other party will ask "are you (friends name)?". This way, the caller will get a name of someone you know and may care about, thus giving the caller the opportunity to imitate being that friend to try and get some money out of the deal (like "I had an accident and need a bit of money. Can you help me out? Just deposit some money in this and that bank account"). People are being warned by the Japanese police for these kinds of scams. (source (Japanese))

No comments:

Post a Comment