2014-01-08

January 8 "Gambling Day" - Story of 365 Days Heart 08

Story of 365 Days ~ Chapter Heart

- Ace
- Jack
- King



1月8日 「ギャンブルの日」
January eighth,
Gambling Day (“GYANBURU no Hi”)

Ace
    Aah, a bit out of the blue but today is high-stakes gambling day, so let's play a game. The rules are simple. Ehm... There are three envelopes. We all pick one and have to read the message inside out loud. However, the cards are divided in a cool-version and an embarrassing-version. Whichever you get, read it with emotion. Or so this card says!

Jack
    Who set this up?

Ace
    Okay, so you're first.

King
    Okay.

Jack
    Oi, you guys just ignore me?!

King
    Hmm, I'll take this one.

Ace
    I'll take this one. Here, this one's yours.

Jack
    Let me pick my own!

King
    Let's see. Hm... Hmmmm... Oh well, it's fine I guess. 'Senpai, please let me be by your side just a little bit longer.'

Jack
     Hahaha! What kind of line is that?! Seriously, I won this game. 'Heyhey, pretty lady, come and have some fun with me~ Pretty please~'.... What is this?!

Ace
    Chhahaha. Okay, that's it. We're done.

Jack
    Both were embarrassing! Oi, and you're not even going to read yours?!



Note:
  • The day is called gamble day because the numbers used.for the date: 1 (ichi) and 8 (hachi). These connect it to the phrase "ichi ka bachi ka" which means to "win or lose"/"sink or swim" in relation to doing something risky.
  • (Senpai is someone who is in a higher year than you – applies to both school as well as company (in the latter it is someone who started working there before you but has about the same position in the company))

No comments:

Post a Comment